Tuesday, March 10, 2009

That'll teach me!

So, I was following a link from Stacy McCain, to the blog of one of his blog-children. I posted a little comment there, and left my URL for this blog. It occurred to me that since I haven't posted in forever, and never did add The Other McCain to my blogroll, I might as well come over here and do that.
Well, in what seemed like only minutes, the first comment on my blog, ever (except from my brother) comes rolling in:
S.logan said...

Jeremy,
Glad to see you added Stacy! As you said, his influence can't be underestimated. In fact, he's the one who got me embroiled in this blog thing just a few days ago, and already I've managed to be called "sweetits" and a "heartless child-hating blogger." Ah, well, such is life. I look forward to checking in with you often!
You see what she did there at the end; right?
Just when I thought I was out, they PULL me back in!!!

Well, actually, I wasn't 'out'... It's just that so many other people say things so much better than I do, and there's always something else I'm engrossed in, that I never end up blogging.
But, S. Logan is indeed clever (and subtle, huh?). So here I am, trying my hand again. I never really had a 'blog parent.' I was following some blogs, my brother had one, I wanted to do a couple posts, so I started one. So, I guess I'm going to dub Ms. Logan my adoptive Blog-Mother. Let's see if her influence and (guilt trips) motivate me any better!
You see what I did there at the end; right? :-)

1 comment:

S.logan said...

J, I've never been a Blog-Mother before, but I'm honored, and you can be sure (considering my ill-deserved reputation for being anti-children) that I will be linking you as soon as I return from my blog-posting hiatus.

Cheers!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites